- The hull weighed 26,000 tons.
- The ship weighed 46,328 tons.
- She was 882' 9" long and 92.5" wide.
- Each funnel was large enough to drive two trains through.
- She had nine decks in total.
- It was as high as an eleven story building.
- She had three anchors weighing a total of 31 tons.
- Each chain link weighed about 175 lbs.
- The rudder weighed 20,250 lbs.
- There were 29 boilers, each weighing nearly 100 tons.
- She had three propellers - the middle one was 16 feet across and the other two were over 23 feet across.
- Although there were four funnels, only the bow (three) were used. The stern funnel was used as ventilator.
- The outdated British regulations required ships over 10,000 tons had to have lifeboats for 962 people. The Titanic exceeded this regulation by carrying enough lifeboats for 1,178 people, however this was not enough for her 3,511 passengers and crew. Over one thousand people would not have a seat on the lifeboats if each boat was filled to maximum capacity.
- There were four elevators - three in First Class and 1 in Second Class. This was the first boat to have elevators for Second Class.
- The Titanic was the first ocean liner to have a swimming pool and a gym.
- The Titanic had one Renault Automobile on board.
- There were many claims filed for loss of property and life. *Some of these include:
* Henry B. Harris - Lose of Life $1,000,00
* Mrs. Charlotte Cardeza - Lost Property $177, 352.74
* United States - Lost registered mail $41.04
* William Carter - One Renault 35 hp Automobile $5,000.00
* Stuart Collet - Hand written college lecture notes, two year course $50.00
* Annie May Stengel - Copy Science and Heath $5.00
* Robert W. Daniel - Champion French bulldog $750.00